Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

 Well, here it is!!! 2015!! Can't believe it is already another new year...where does the time go? Hubby had to work this year for New Year's Eve and the boy had plans with my brother so it was just me and the girls. Since I'm not really into letting my kids stay up till midnight (cuz I don't even want to stay up THAT late!), even for a holiday, we decided to make the most of our late afternoon and early evening. I came across such a cute idea over at Not Consumed and we had so much fun with it.
 We did a photo booth, had a tea party, wrote letters to Jesus (another neat tradition that I found here.) played a dance game on the Wii, made some yummy snacks together, had a bubble bath, wrote some memories of the year, and just had lots of fun!
Tea party! Complete with Cream Puffs! AND candles!

My little chefs...Hannah made deviled eggs and Ellie made guacamole. And they worked together to make kale chips.

Hannah was so sweet and took a picture of Ellie working so hard and thoughtfully on the picture she was drawing for Jesus.

Lovely princesses! They had fun dressing up in their fanciest dresses for our party.

We also had a lovely time finishing up the end of our year celebrating the birth of our Savior. We got a wonderful new Advent book that we went through each day. That was definitely one of our most special activities. 
We also enjoyed a light parade, Zoo lights, going to the Nutcracker ballet with Nana, reading our Christmas books we bring out of hiding each year, building snowmen with marshmallows and much more. 
Bookworms




Ready for the Sugar Plum Fairy!



The biggest excitement was getting to go back to Oregon to spend Christmas with hubby's family and also getting to see some of our dear friends. So blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives. We had such a wonderful time...even if it WAS raining ALL. THE. TIME. :)



I told you it was rainy! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas celebrating our wonderful Savior, and a blessed time rejoicing in the gift of a new year! May you put your hope in God as this new year opens before us!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Blessings!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment