Monday, October 31, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook 10/31/16

For Today

Looking out my window...it is a beautiful, sunny day for this last day of October. We've been enjoying a lovely Indian summer here in Northern Colorado. The temp is close to 80 degrees today!

I am thinking...about the Reformation Day party we get to attend tonight with other homeschool friends.

I am thankful...for my hubby who works so hard both with his security business to provide for the family and also for all that he does for me and helping me with my projects. He's the best!

Me and my hubby on my birthday this month.


One of my favorite things...read aloud time with my girls. It is so great to snuggle up together on the couch with a good book. We are currently reading through the Narnia series and enjoying the books immensely. We even got to go see a play of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe yesterday afternoon. 
The girls and the White Witch from Narnia.
I am creating...my first project on my loom that my friend gave me. I am so excited to be learning how to weave!




I am wearing...jeans, a gray t-shirt and a black cardigan


I am reading...Eat Fat, Get Thin by Dr. Mark Hyman. It has been an interesting read so far about the importance of fat (good fat) in our diet. 

I am hoping...that our dog will start settling down a little more. He is a year old now, but he is still SO crazy and wild. I'm losing my mind with him! LOL!

I am learning...how to cook more healthfully with traditional cooking methods.

In my kitchen...pumpkin bread! Some for us and some to share at the party tonight. Yum! I LOVE pumpkin season!



In the school room...we are plugging along and so far still enjoying our school year. The My Father's World curriculum has been working out really well for us. We've also been enjoying some extra curricular activities this fall...homeschool soccer and a children's choir.

Making soap carvings for a school project.

Enjoying nature time on a beautiful October day.



In my garden...my hubby helped me build 3 raised garden beds so we will be ready for spring and hopefully have a better garden next year. He also ordered a greenhouse for my birthday present! It should arrive tomorrow and then we just have to put it together.

My new garden beds! Excited for spring! Will be busy planning what to plant and ordering seeds this winter.


Shared Quote
God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. 
Martin Luther


A moment from my day
A few of our chickens. I could sit outside all day and watch them. They are so entertaining.


Closing Notes
Thanks for taking a little time from your day to spend with me. If you would like to share your own day please be sure to head on over to The Simple Woman's Daybook where Peggy so graciously hosts us.

No comments:

Post a Comment