Saturday, March 16, 2013

Farm Tour

 Today the girls and I got to go take a tour of a local raw milk dairy. It was a blast! We are all such country girls that we loved every minute of being out in the fresh air with the animals! Hannah was concerned that we'd only see cows since it is a dairy, but I told her that there was sure to be at least a few other animals since it is a farm. We saw the cows of course, calves, pigs, chickens and LOTS of goats and baby goats! I think we all decided that we need to have our own goats someday. :) 
It was a great afternoon hanging out with the animals!
(Sorry the pictures aren't that great...once again, I left my real camera at home and had to depend on my phone. *sigh*)
King of the hill!



Sleepy pig

More sleepy pigs. The animals had just eaten before we got there so they were very contented.

Practicing being goats. :)

This was the girls' favorite goat. I think mostly because she was the one sticking her head through the fence to lick their hands.

"Dinnertime!"

One of the pretty cows. Love the big, dark eyes!


LOTS of goats!



Lots of the babies were all huddled up together. They are soooooo adorable!!! I really wanted to take one home with me. Our landlady said we couldn't have dogs here, but she never said anything about goats, so it'd be okay, right??? :)

How could you not love that face?

Hello!


Hannah the goat whisperer.

Ellie giving them more "dinner".

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment