Monday, March 16, 2015

Daybook- March 16, 2015

Wow! It's Monday again already! We had so much fun last week that time seemed to go by even faster than usual. 

For Today... March 16, 2015
Outside my window... It is gorgeous and sunny! The birds are singing, the air is warm and there is hardly a cloud in the sky. What a perfect day!

View of the garden from upstairs in my bedroom. Can't wait till it's all green!


I am thinking... I would like to spend ALL day outside when it's like this!


I am thankful... for the other moms from church that come every other Monday to pray together for our kids and schools.


I am wearing...  Lots of purple and green for St. Urho's Day! Rolled up jeans, purple chevron socks, purple tank top under a green shirt, and a purple scarf.

Girls wearing their purple and green today too.


I am creating... my meal plan for the week. I find it so helpful to have a plan in place so I'm not scrambling at the last minute to fix something for dinner while the kids are "starving".

Love getting our produce delivered for the week!


I am going... Crazy! LOL! Okay, not really...well, maybe a little. Monday's are a busy day...errands to run, laundry to do, things to clean, school work to accomplish, and this Monday the girls have swim lessons. Whew!


I am wondering... about all the different homeschool curriculum I saw at the curriculum fair on Saturday. So many great things! Will I decide to go with a more set curriculum for next year or keep on with what we've been doing...


I am reading... Small-Space Vegetable Gardens by Andrea Bellamy...haven't gotten too far into it, but so far it's pretty good. Hoping to expand our gardening space this year by using more containers. Since we are just renting I can't dig up any more yard for garden space.

I am hoping... that we don't get anymore snow till next winter. I'm ready for Spring to fully be here!


I am learning... about fermented foods, and healing the gut. There is a class on Wednesday about the GAPS diet that I hope I get to.


In my garden... the spinach and lettuce are getting bigger! So exciting! Gotta order my seeds today so I can plant peas soon. If the weather keeps up like this, we may start seeing signs of life in our Winter sowing containers.


In my kitchen... we are making Mojakka today (a Finnish beef stew) in celebration of St. Urho's Day. Even though it's going to be 80 some degrees. I told you I was crazy.


In the homeschool room... we read more from Matthew for our devotions this morning, and did our circle time with poetry and singing. The girls are doing so well learning our hymn for the month, Amazing Grace. Our circle time is one of our favorite parts of our day. We get to sing, read poetry, memorize Scripture, and do our weather report.
We will do math and reading later in between running errands and other stuff.

The girls spend the morning reading together while I had my prayer group.



A favorite quote for today... 0% perfect, 100% perfectly forgiven and loved. -Ann Voskamp



One of my favorite things... Sunshine! I LOOOOOOOVE it!!! 




Post Script
 Oh, if you're wondering what in the world St. Urho's Day is...it is basically a celebration of a made up character that originated in Northern Minnesota somewhere. They say St. Urho is the patron saint of Finland vineyard workers because he chased hoards of grasshoppers out of the vineyards and thus saved the grapes. In the town where my grandma lives they have a statue of St. Urho and have a big festival every year. Which my family always took part in as often as we could when I was growing up. Passing on the fun to my kids now, to "celebrate" our Finnish heritage even though St. Urho is made up and they don't even celebrate him in Finland. But it's a good excuse to make some Finnish food and have a little party. 
 
The girls with St. Urho in Menahga last Summer.
 

Hope you have a blessed week! And don't forget, if you'd like to join in the fun of sharing some of your day, head on over to The Simple Woman's blog.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment