Monday, March 9, 2015

Daybook

Calendula in last year's garden.
A long time ago I used to participate in a weekly blogging thing called Simple Woman's Daybook. It was a fun way to share some things going on in life and I thought it would be enjoyable to join in again. If you would like to join in on this, head over to The Simple Woman's Blog for info on how it works, and see what others are up to.
FOR TODAY
Outside my window...I didn't get to this earlier, so it is dark outside now. But the stars are starting to appear in the crisp, clear night sky.
I am thinking...about how I can get more done in a day. There just never seems like enough time to do everything that needs to be done and have time to do other things.
I am thankful...for my sweet, loving girls.
In the kitchen...new batches of kombucha and water kefir are getting started for the week.
I am wearing...a comfy black maxi skirt, teal tank top and gray cardigan.
I am creating...plans for the garden this year.
I am going...to spend time with a good friend and her kids tomorrow. It's great to have homeschooling friends!
I am wondering...why I am such a grouch sometimes. I need to lighten up. Or balance my hormones. Or something.
I am reading...The Slight Edge
I am hoping...to get to bed at a better time tonight. That might help with my getting more things done in a day problem if I have more sleep. Maybe my grouchies too. :)
I am looking forward to...seeing my hubby when he comes home tonight. He has been working all day since 6:30 this morning.
I am learning...how to crochet. Though I haven't made it past just making little hearts yet.
Around the house...starting to do some deep cleaning for Spring. Love cleaning and freshening things up!
I am pondering...contentment and what that truly means.
A favorite quote for today..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
One of my favorite things...reading at bedtime with my girls. Right now we are reading through Little Women. One of my favorites and they are enjoying it so much too.
A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning, organizing, school with the girls, spending as much time outside as possible in the sunshine...
A peek into my day...

I think it's time to update the chalk board. What do you think?


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment