Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekly Update

"Sunshine on the water looks so lovely..." -John Denver

Hey, there! Just a quick blurb to catch you up on a little of what we did this week. 

What a beautiful day we had today! It was 80 degrees and gorgeously sunny! As John Denver would say, "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy." And a little bit sunburned. Guess it's time to start thinking about sunscreen. 

Anyway, today was a fabulous end to our week. We had church this morning, and afterward got to enjoy a delicious lunch with friends outside. Then came home and had a little nap. Since it was so lovely we had to spend more time outside, so the girls and I got Nana (my mom) to go with us for a walk. You can't beat lake views with the mountains rising up behind. I never tire of seeing those gorgeous Rockies!


Yesterday was equally fabulous weather. Pretty much this whole week has been amazing! I think I shall be disappointed if it does happen to actually snow again at this point. Which can happen in Colorado. March is typically one of the snowiest months.

We got to enjoy the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Fort Collins with our good friends. The girls got all dressed up in green and had a great time watching the parade which was almost 2 hours long!

My lucky leprechauns!
After the parade the girls went off to hang out at Nana's house while I got to have some "mommy time" perusing the local homeschool curriculum fair with my friend. Got some good info and ideas to start planning for next year. Kinda overwhelming too!

Yesterday was also Pi day, so we had some delicious Razzleberry pie at Nana's house before heading home. I'll take any excuse I can to eat some pie.


The rest of the week was pretty much just the usual...cleaning, laundry, school, playing, etc. Hannah did get a hair cut on Thursday. Her hair was all the way down to her backside and it was just getting too hard to brush. We cut off about 4-5 inches and it's still plenty long. I didn't think to take a before picture, but did take a pic of after. She's quite happy with it, and so am I. It doesn't take half the morning to brush it all out now. 

Haircut! Oh, and you can totally see that I STILL haven't changed my chalkboard. Maybe this week...
Everyone's in bed now getting their beauty sleep to be ready for the new week. We have swim lessons coming up this week, and St. Urho's Day tomorrow, St. Patrick's Day Tuesday, so the week is looking to be lots of fun!
I hope your week was full of amazing, and the week ahead holds more of the same!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment